Cruising Compass: Royal Caribbean’s Smoking and Alcohol PoliciesBy
To ensure the comfort and safety of all guests onboard Royal Caribbean, there are set smoking and alcohol policies guests are expected to follow.
Smoking Onboard Royal Caribbean Ships
Smoking is allowed on the private balconies of balcony and suite staterooms, excluding Oasis-class Boardwalk or Central Park private balconies. Smoking is also permitted in designated interior areas and outdoors on the starboard side of the ship. The location of all smoking venues can also be found in the daily Cruise Compass or by visiting Guest Services once onboard.
Pipe and cigar smoking is only permitted in The Cigar Lounge, if the ship is not equipped with a Cigar Lounge there will be another designated area for pipe and cigar smoking.
Smoking is not allowed in any dining venue, theater, hallway, or inside any stateroom. If a guest violates Royal Caribbean’s smoking policy, they will be charged a $250 penalty to their SeaPass account.
Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy and Minimum Age Requirements
The minimum drinking age across Royal Caribbean’s fleet is:
- Twenty-one (21) on sailings originating in North America
- Twenty-one (21) at all Royal Caribbean private destinations no matter where the sailing originates
- Eighteen (18) on sailings originating in South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand
- Royal Caribbean retains the right to raise the minimum drinking age on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.
Boarding the ship with alcohol:
On embarkation day, guests are able to board their Royal Caribbean ship with up to two 750ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom. If consumed outside of the stateroom, in any public area such as the main dining room, each bottle will be charged a corkage fee of $25.00. So the best way to enjoy is in the privacy of the cabin. Security at the cruise terminal will inspect and dispose of containers holding any alcohol (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, etc.), so please be mindful of the alcohol policy in order to avoid any repercussions.
Liquor is quite a bargain on a cruise, with duty-free shops a main attraction in many ports of call. If any alcohol is purchased in port or from the duty-free shops onboard the ship, they will be stored by the ship and delivered to the passenger’s stateroom on the last day of the sailing.
Royal Caribbean beverage packages:
Royal Caribbean offers a wide variety of convenient beverage packages, simply pay one flat price and enjoy a selection of beers, wines, spirits or non-alcoholic beverages for the duration of your cruise. These packages may be purchased prior to sailing or once onboard the ship.
- Non-Alcoholic Packages:
- Evian Bottled Water – 8 bottles ($28.45), 12 bottles ($40.30), 16 bottles ($50.55), 24 bottles ($71.10). Prices are per person, a 15% gratuity will be added.
- Minute Maid Bottled Juice – 6 bottles ($20.15), 8 bottles ($25.25), 12 bottles ($35.55). Choose from Orange, Apple and Ruby Red Grapefruit or choose a variety pack for an assortment of flavors. Prices are per person, a 15% gratuity will be added.
- Unlimited Soda Packages — The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of the cruise, with an average daily cost of $6.50 for adults and $4.50 for children under 18. Upon arriving to the ship, visit the Fountain Soda display table, check your Cruise Compass or ask a server in the dining room for more information. Or if purchased beforehand, a complimentary Coca-Cola souvenir cup will be placed in guest’s staterooms upon embarkation. An icon will be placed on the SeaPass Card that indicates the purchase of the Unlimited Soda Package. Prices are per person, a 15% gratuity will be added.
- Alcoholic Packages
- Classic Beverage Package — $45 per person, per day including gratuity includes beers under $6.25, house wines by the glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas and juices. Does not include room service, specialty coffee, mini bar items, bottled water or juice. A sticker will be placed on the SeaPass Card to designate those that have purchased the alcohol package. Packages cannot be shared, are not transferable and must be purchased for all guests 21 years or older sailing in the same stateroom.
- Premium Beverage Package — $55 per person, per day including gratuity includes well, call and premium cocktails, frozen drinks, all beers, house wines by the glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas and juices. Does not include room service, specialty coffee, mini bar items, canned sodas, bottled water or juice. A sticker will be placed on the SeaPass Card to designate those that have purchased the alcohol package. Packages cannot be shared, are not transferable and must be purchased for all guests 21 years or older sailing in the same stateroom.
- Wine & Dine Package – Choose between 5 bottles ($145.00), 7 bottles ($195.00), 10 bottles ($265.00), or 12 bottles ($300.00). Includes some of Royal Caribbean’s most popular wine as well as more exclusive options. Wine selections may be made in the dining rooms onboard each evening, and any unused wine taken back to the stateroom or unopened bottles taken home at the end of the cruise. Prices are per person, a 15% gratuity will be added. Sample Wine Package Selections.
You might enjoy: