iCruise Tips: Free Wi-Fi Hotspots in George Town, Grand CaymanBy
In our last Free Wi-Fi Hotspots post, we discussed the benefits of disconnecting on a cruise vacation.
But, we all know that we can’t fully unplug. There are times we may need to get in touch with someone at home or they just have to see a picture of the Caribbean’s most beautiful beach you’ve ever seen – right now!
If you’re taking a cruise to George Town, Grand Cayman you do have a few locations near the cruise ship dock. So to save you a little time, we’ve put together a list of free Wi-Fi hotspots in Grand Cayman.
Keep in Mind:
Wi-Fi is great for keeping up with everyone at home, or uploading pictures, but it is still an unsecured connection. Protect yourself by not conducting any personal business, like accessing bank information, over an unsecured connection especially while traveling internationally.
While we have gathered the latest information on hotspots, they can always change, so the crew of your ship may be the best resource for finding free or inexpensive Wi-Fi hotspots; this is how they keep in touch with their families, too!
All ships currently anchor in the harbor and tender passengers on to the island. Ships tender passengers to one of two downtown George Town piers (North or South). Shopping and restaurants are located right at the pier. Seven Mile Beach is just a few miles from the cruise dock and one of the most popular visitor attractions in Grand Cayman, often considered one of the best beaches in the Caribbean.
Near Cruise Dock
- Cafe del Sol: The Caribbean version of Starbucks, enjoy a coffee with a view of the cruise ships in the harbor. Located at Bayshore Mall within walking distance of the pier. Tel: (345) 946-2233
- Daily Grind: Within walking distance of the cruise pier, the Daily Grind provides the regular assortment of coffees and snacks. Address: 3 Dr. Roy’s Drive Tel: (345) 945-1175
- Full of Beans Café: Makes its own signature Cayman Coffee and is open for breakfast and lunch. Address: Corner of Pasadora Place and 10 Smith Road Tel: (345) 814-0157
- The George Town Public Library: Located at 68 Edward Street.
- Guy Harvey’s Island Grill: Offers a West Indies and French menu in a comfortable setting overlooking the picturesque harbor of George Town. Address: 55 S. Church Street Tel: (345) 946-9000
- Hard Rock Café Stop by this waterfront classic and sample burgers, cocktails, desserts and more. Address: 43 S. Church St. Tel: (345) 945-2020
- Margaritaville: Steps away from the cruise pier on the waterfront enjoy Caribbean classics, a rooftop pool deck and live music. Address: 2nd Floor Anchorage Center, 32 Harbour Drive Tel: (345) 949 6274
- Thai House Restaurant: Great hours, great food and great service. Address: Shedden Rd. at Elizabethan Square Tel: (345)949-6141
- Lobster Pot Restaurant & Wine Bar: Waterfront Seafood Dining. Address: 245 N Church St. Tel: (345) 949-2736
- Grand Old House: Dine on their renowned conch fritters or Caribbean lobster tail at this waterfront 100 year old plantation house. Address: 648 S. Church St. Tel: (345) 949-9333
Near Seven Mile Beach
- The Wharf Restaurant & Bar: Waterfront restaurant with local Cayman Island and Caribbean cuisine. Watch the live tarpon-feeding. Address: 43 West Bay Tel: (345) 949-2231
- Treats Restaurant: Selection of baked goods and pastries made fresh daily, open for breakfast and lunch. Address: West Shore Center, 1 West Bay Road KY1-1202 Tel: (345) 945-4262
- Hemingway’s Restaurant : Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Seven Mile Beach. Address: Grand Cayman Beach Suites, West Bay Road KY1-1209 Tel: (345) 945-5700
- Decker’s Grille and Lounge: Caribbean inspired grille. Address: West Bay Road, Across from Grand Cayman Beach Suites Tel: (345) 945-6600
- Paperman’s Coffee House: Coffeehouse with breakfast and lunch available. Address: The Strand, West Bay Road Tel: (345) 946-7185
- Pirate’s Den Restaurant & Bar: Enjoy pub style food in the heart of Seven Mile Beach. You can also use one of their computer terminals to get online. Address: Galleria Plaza, West Bay Rd. Tel: (345) 949-7144
- Luca Restaurant: Beachfront fine dining at the Caribbean Club. Address: 871 West Bay Road Tel: (345) 623-4550
Do you have any other Free Wi-Fi Hotspots in George Town, Grand Cayman to add to this list?
You might enjoy: