Archive for Royal Promenade
Another Oasis of the Seas update for iCruisers.
ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL ANNOUNCES DIVERSE RETAIL LINEUP OASIS OF THE SEAS PRESENTS LARGEST, DEDICATED COACH STORE AT SEA TO TOP OFF VARIETY OF MERCHANDISE OFFERINGS
MIAMI, September 3, 2009 – Delivering the very best in overall guest experiences is the central motivator behind the design of Royal Caribbean International’s newest ship, Oasis of the Seas. When she debuts in December 2009, the most cutting-edge amenities and activities ever seen at sea will be complemented with a variety of retail venues – 13 stores, including open-air shopping that cover more than 10,000 square feet. With many products exclusive to Oasis, the shopping experience will be one of a kind in terms of both the items offered and the setting on the largest and most revolutionary cruise ship in the world. Guests of all ages and styles will find their retail therapy of choice in outlets that range from children and teen-favored shops to jewelry and duty-free stores for adults.
Not only will Oasis of the Seas provide the broadest selection of boutiques and shops industry wide, but several international brands also will be making their debut. Perhaps the most eagerly awaited store onboard will be Coach. Located in the Central Park neighborhood, the iconic maker of luxury leather goods will unveil its first dedicated store at sea. Custom built to the brand’s standards, the Coach store will showcase the signature line of beautifully crafted designer handbags, leather goods, sunglasses and scarves. Among the recognizable jewelry and clothing designers establishing a presence at sea for the first time are Breitling, watches that are instruments for professionals, and Italian jewelry designer Pianegonda, as well as apparel companies including Lucky Brand, Eileen Fisher, DC Apparel and Forest & Fauna, makers of 100% organic t-shirts and garments. Oasis of the Seas also will carry a number of brands never before seen in the Royal Caribbean fleet, including elegant jewelry from Roberto Coin, Charriol and Yvel, as well as offer long-time favorites, such as cosmetics by iconic brands Chanel and Christian Dior, among many others.
The next generation of cruise enthusiasts will have their choice of stores throughout the Boardwalk neighborhood to satisfy anything from clothing and gadget needs to a sugar fix. Star Pier will be an interactive, hybrid shop touting an electronics wall adorned in the latest technology, tween and teen apparel by Roxy, Quiksilver and DC Apparel, as well as a DJ station and Nintendo Wii game area making it a truly innovative shopping experience. Younger cruisers will be drawn to Pinwheels featuring everything from clothes and toys by kid-favored brands, such as Crayola, to impromptu playtime in the store’s dedicated area equipped with a number of other popular games. Candy Beach will be the ultimate boardwalk candy store, offering more than 72 varieties to mix and match into a customized candy grab bag, as well as vintage candy treats from the ’50s, ’60s and ’70s.
“We are consistently pushing the envelope with the retail selection offered on our cruise ships, and with Oasis of the Seas we sought out to fully transform the shopping experience at sea by introducing new brands and new concepts,” said Lisa Bauer, senior vice president, Hotel Operations, Royal Caribbean International. “We’ve been fortunate to gain the support of a number of iconic brands that are eager to be part of the Oasis experience and are pleased that we can deliver upon guest feedback to offer more shopping opportunities onboard.”
Following is an overview of the new shopping options guests can take advantage of while onboard Oasis of the Seas:
- Coach – Located in the Central Park neighborhood, Coach is one of the most exciting additions to the retail lineup on Oasis of the Seas. Coach will debut its largest location at sea with an assortment of chic handbags and accessories, allowing shoppers to appreciate the variety, detail and quality of the Coach offering while getting an overview of the company’s lifestyle approach. To celebrate the grand opening, Coach will offer a special gift with purchase – an exclusive leather luggage tag in luxe parchment, embossed with the iconic horse and carriage logo in gold.
The Royal Promenade
- Prince & Greene – With a trendy fashion boutique vibe, Prince & Green offers urban apparel and accessories for men and women alike, all with an electric urban edge. Labels include Betsey Johnson, Calypso and Kenneth Cole for women and Fred Perry, Ed Hardy, Marc Jacobs and Ben Sherman for men.
- Regalia – Regalia is one of Oasis’ most opulent boutiques. Home to some of the most iconic names in fine jewelry and timepieces, Regalia brands include Tag Heuer, Roberto Coin, Pianegonda, Olivia and more.
- Willow - In contrast to the high-fashion finds at Prince & Green, Willow features casual sportswear for guests, ideally suited to the cruising lifestyle. Natural linen and organic clothing options for men and women are offered, as well as brands including Eileen Fisher, JMP, and Forest & Fauna. Willow also will offer products from the World of Good line whose proceeds benefit non-profit organizations around the world, as well as socially responsible artisans. The store also will feature ethnically sourced gifts and products that are supported by the World of Good organization.
- Candy Beach – A boardwalk isn’t complete without a candy shop. And Candy Beach is the ultimate candy store, offering more than 72 varieties of candy for mixing and matching. Vintage candy treats from the ’50s, ’60s, and ’70s are also available.
- Carousel Cart – The hand-carved carousel onboard Oasis is undoubtedly one of the most unique features on the ship. After paying the carousel a visit, guests can browse the selection of apparel, accessories and souvenirs that celebrate this nostalgic pastime and popular Oasis attraction.
- Pinwheels - Younger cruisers can head to Pinwheels to find a range of clothing and accessories for children of all ages. Kid-favored brands such as Crayola as well as Royal Caribbean merchandise in tyke sizes are all offered. Pinwheels also hosts a play area equipped with a number of other popular games for children.
- Star Pier – Star Pier is a hybrid of all things tweens and teens adore. From clothing labels including Roxy, Quiksilver, and DC Apparel to an electronic games and accessories outpost alive with a DJ station and Wii game area, this is not the average teen clothing store.
The Pool and Sports Zone
- Breeze - An open-air shop located on the pool deck in the Pool and Sports Zone, Breeze is conveniently stocked with all the fun-in-thesun must haves that make for a perfect lazy, or not-so-lazy, day in the sun. Light reads, sunglasses, tote bags, and sun care products are all offered here.
Royal Caribbean is updating the world with press releases on the highly anticipated Oasis of the Seas, and we have a feeling there will at least a dozen more leading up to it’s inaugural cruise in December. We’re just as excited as the rest of the world, if not more and plan on keeping iCruisers updated with any new Oasis of the Seas developments.
So here is the latest from Royal Caribbean…
NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT! ROYAL CARIBBEAN PRESENTS UNPARALLELED ENTERTAINMENT AND ACTIVITIES ONBOARD OASIS OF THE SEAS
MIAMI, September 2, 2009 – When she makes her debut in December 2009, Royal Caribbean International’s newest ship, Oasis of the Seas, will introduce the most unique and varied collection of entertainment and activities ever offered for guests of the global cruise line. From Broadway shows and heart-pounding diving and acrobatic exhibitions, to side-splitting comedy acts and popular theme nights and parades, the world’s largest and most revolutionary cruise ship will truly offer something to entertain all ages, interests and personalities.
With so many exciting entertainment options and venues to choose from, Royal Caribbean is making it easier than ever for guests to plan accordingly so as not to miss any of the onboard thrills, spills and chills. For the first time show schedules will be available pre-cruise at www.royalcaribbean.com, allowing guests the opportunity to customize their cruise experience by pre-booking all shows in advance of boarding. Under the Cruise Enhancements page of the Royal Caribbean website, guests can view all show schedules by show name, day and time and make reservations as far out as three months prior to the sail date for shows at venues including the Opal Theater, Studio B ice-skating rink, Comedy Live and the AquaTheater. Utilizing the latest technology, all reservations booked online will be recorded to each guests’ Seapass card, which will be scanned upon arrival to the selected venue at show time and will serve as the show “ticket.” While guests are encouraged to take advantage of this new pre-booking ability, a traditional Box Office and a ticketing system via the in-stateroom television also will be available for onboard reservations.
Following is a snapshot of the not-to-be-missed headlining shows and entertainment offerings taking center stage onboard Oasis of the Seas.
As the cruise line’s most dramatic and spectacular theater yet, the Opal Theater features a thrust stage and a proscenium extending into the audience to create a more interactive environment. Seating 1,350 guests, the Opal Theater will present three different shows, each performed several times throughout each sailing.
- Hairspray: The eight time Tony Award-winning Broadway musical will no doubt be one of the star attractions onboard Oasis of the Seas. Licensed exclusively to Royal Caribbean, the show is set in 1962 and follows the story of Tracy Turnblad, a big girl with big aspirations who wins a spot on the local TV dance program, “The Corny Collins” show, and finds herself transformed into an overnight teen sensation. Boasting an incredible cast of talented performers, who were selected during a four city audition tour in London, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles, this fabulous 90-minute show will be performed four times throughout each cruise and will thrill audiences with original costumes, sets, lighting designs and the hottest, high-energy numbers of the Broadway version produced with Royal Caribbean’s unique stamp.
- Come Fly With Me: Guests will be taken on a journey of soaring heights, interactive video and powerful singing and dancing during this spectacular 45-minute show, which will be performed four times during each cruise. Bringing the Opal Theater to life, this visually stunning show combines the unique aerial, dance, gymnastic and vocal talents of Royal Caribbean’s incredible cast, coupled with the immense talent of the cruise line’s award winning costume, video and scenic designers.
- Headliner Showtime: Offered three times throughout each cruise, guests will be delighted by the fabulous acts taking the stage at the Opal Theater, including world class singers, musicians, and magic and juggling acts.
The popular Studio B ice-skating rink will continue to awe guests with spectacular and vibrant ice shows and serve as the locale for a variety of themed events.
- Frozen in Time: Marking the 11th ice show Royal Caribbean has produced for this unique venue, Frozen in Time will bring to life the works of Hans Christian Andersen, the acclaimed author most notable for his children’s stories. Classic tales such as “The Snow Queen,” “The Red Shoes,” “The Ugly Duckling,” “The Little Mermaid” and “The Emperor’s New Clothes” will take the ice during a breathtaking show of spectacular choreography, theatrics, costumes and music. Performed by The Oasis of the Seas International Ice Cast, which features top-rated figure skaters from around the world, this not-to-be-missed ice show will be available seven times during each cruise.
As the first theater of its kind, this dazzling oceanfront amphitheater-style venue will be home to the most incredible, jaw-dropping shows ever seen at sea. Seating 600 guests and boasting the largest and deepest pool at sea, AquaTheater will host a variety of entertainment, including live music, fun themed events, fountain shows and cabarets, with the most anticipated attractions being two elaborate dive shows that will take place each day and night.
- Oasis of Dreams: Set against the backdrop of the ocean beneath the twinkling nighttime sky, this breathtaking dive show will leave audiences wowed after every performance. The most professional and talented cast of Olympic and NCAA champion athletes from around the world have been selected for this show, including divers, synchronized swimmers and gymnasts. Set to an original soundtrack and synchronized with fountain shows, lighting and special effects, the all-star cast will perform a heart-pounding, dramatic spectacular, making this majestic venue come alive and bringing guests to their feet.
- Splish Splash: Performed five times each cruise, this light-hearted and humorous dive show provides fun and surprises the whole family will enjoy. The AquaTheater’s cast of divers will showcase their comedic sides, combining crazy poolside antics with exhibition Olympic-style diving, all performed to an upbeat and dramatic soundtrack.
Located in the Entertainment Place neighborhood, Comedy Live is one of the signature after-dark venues onboard Oasis of the Seas. The adult comedy club is a fun and intimate space with decor inspired by a New York subway station.
- Comedy Shows: Nightly performances by talented stand-up comics will provide side-splitting laughs and antics. Two comedians will take the stage each night during one-hour long shows performed two to three times nightly.
Theme Nights and Parades
With a Royal Promenade almost double the width of those found onboard Voyager- and Freedom-class ships, Oasis of the Seas will continue the tradition of Royal Caribbean’s signature theme nights and parades, and make them even bigger and better!
- Disco Inferno Street Party: Throughout the Royal Promenade on the Atlas Bridge, Rising Tide Bar and the mezzanine, guests will dance to the music of the 70′s in this Disco-themed street party.
- The Royal Promenade Parade will transform this neighborhood into a fantastical wonderland, with sights and sounds inspired by popular fairy tales.